Like most web browsers, Chrome too keeps a track of all the websites visited by you and records it in the web browsing history. Now if you are sharing your computer with your family or friends, it will be better if you delete the browsing history on Chrome as it will help you to protect your privacy and manage the history too.
For those who want to delete their browsing history on Google Chrome, here’s how you can do that.
How to Delete History on Google Chrome
- Step 1: Click on the Option button on windows and select History. ( You can also press the CTRL + H key combination to access Chrome’s history. )
- Step 2: Click on Clear Browsing History to completely delete Chrome’s history.
- Step 3: Next you have to select the Browsing History checkbox in the popup that appears and then select the Time period from which you want the history to be deleted. Finally click on Clear browsing data to delete Chrome’s browsing history completely.
Well this is how you can completely delete the browsing history on Google Chrome, however if you want to delete individual entries from Chrome’s history, here’s how you can do so.
How to Delete Individual links from the browsing History on Google Chrome
- Step 1: Click on the Option button on windows and select History.
Note: If you want to delete the links form a particular site, you can type the site’s URL in the search box provided and press enter. Chrome will then display a complete list of URL’s visited from the particular site.
- Step 2: You can select individual checkboxes of the links that you want to delete from Chrome’s history. Alternatively you can even Press shift and select the first checkbox and then consecutively select the checkbox for the last link. This way you can select multiple links quickly.
- Step 3: Finally click on Remove selected items to delete the selected links from Chrome’s history.
That’s it, now you should be able to delete the history on Chrome easily. For those who want to delete the history on Chrome for Android, here’s the how to guide for that.